A boned and rolled pork joint. Ready for roasting, lean and tasty this is an impressive centrepiece to any roast.
Cooking the perfect joint.
Should you be a pro at cooking or a complete newbie, we want everyone to have the confidence to cook an amazing joint.
Use our handy guide below to work out cooking times.
|Weight||Initial crisp||Oven time||Rest||Total time|
|1kg||30 mins||1 hour||15 mins||1 hour 45 mins|
|1.5kg||30 mins||1.5 hours||15 mins||2 hours 15 mins|
|2kg||30 mins||2 hours||15 mins||2 hours 45 mins|
|2. 5kg||30 mins||2.5 hours||15 mins||3 hours 15 mins|
|3kg||30 mins||3 hours||15 mins||3 hours 45 mins|
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7.
- Before cooking, dry the outside of the Pork with kitchen paper, brush oil and sprinkle salt very liberty over the rind.
- Place the meat into roasting tin and cook for 30 minutes then reduce the heat to 190ºC and cook for the remaining time.
- Remove from the oven and put in a warm place and allow to rest for 15 mins.
- To carve we recommend you remove the crackling then carve the joint into slices (makes getting the size slices you want easier)