Whole pork belly joint cut from the underside of the pig.
We recommend you score the rind with a sharp knife and rub in plenty of salt and olive oil before cooking for an extra crispy joint that melts in the mouth.
Cooking the perfect joint.
Should you be a pro at cooking or a complete newbie, we want everyone to have the confidence to cook an amazing joint.
Use our handy guide below to work out cooking times.
|Weight||Initial cook||Oven time||Rest||Total time|
|1kg||1 hour||30 mins||15 mins||1 hour 45 mins|
|1.5kg||1 hour 30 mins||30 mins||15 mins||2 hours 15 mins|
|2kg||2 hours||30 mins||15 mins||2 hours 45 mins|
|2. 5kg||2 hours 30 mins||30 mins||15 mins||3 hours 15 mins|
|3kg||3 hours||30 mins||15 mins||3 hours 45 mins|
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4.
- Before cooking, dry the outside of the Pork with kitchen paper, brush oil and sprinkle salt very liberty over the rind.
- Place the meat into roasting tin (skin side up) and cook for 1hour then increase the heat to 220ºC, Gas mark 7 and cook for the remaining time.
- Remove from the oven and put in a warm place and allow to rest for 15 mins.
- To carve we recommend you remove the crackling before cutting (makes getting the size slices you want easier)