A boned and rolled pork joint, ready for roasting. This lean and tasty cut this is an impressive centrepiece to any roast.
Our Pork comes from our own Gloucester Old Spot pigs born and reared right here on the farm.
Our pigs are reared outdoors in our willows and fields where they are free to root and forage, they are slower growing than most commercial breeds and we think this, coupled with their stress-free environment, really helps to produce more succulent, flavoursome meat and delicious crackling.
Our in-house butchers are passionate about using traditional methods with a modern flair to create our customers truly special cuts and handmade products.
PORK WEIGHT GUIDELINES & APPROXIMATE SERVINGS:
1 – 1.5kg = 4 – 6 servings
1.5 – 2kg = 6 – 8 servings
2 – 2.5kg = 8 – 10 servings
2.5 – 3kg = 10- 12 servings
For allergens, including CEREALS containing GLUTEN, see ingredients in BOLD.
Cooking the perfect joint.
Should you be a pro at cooking or a complete newbie, we want everyone to have the confidence to cook an amazing joint.
Use our handy guide below to work out cooking times.
||1 hour 45 mins
||2 hours 15 mins
||2 hours 45 mins
||3 hours 15 mins
||3 hours 45 mins
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7.
- Before cooking, dry the outside of the Pork with kitchen paper, brush oil and sprinkle salt very liberty over the rind.
- Place the meat into roasting tin and cook for 30 minutes then reduce the heat to 190ºC and cook for the remaining time.
- Remove from the oven and put in a warm place and allow to rest for 15 mins.
- To carve we recommend you remove the crackling then carve the joint into slices (makes getting the size slices you want easier).